Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sandboarding in Namibia

This is Nicole, she's a fellow study abroad student whom I met on my trip to Namibia. All these pictures (except the last one) were taken by her and her fiance, Chris, on their camera.
I spent a morning sandboarding on the dunes in Swakopmund... it was hot and I was wearing long pants and a long t-shirt... ya I was warm.
Sandboarding is like sledding except on sand... it's a lot hotter, a lot faster, and it hurts a lot more when you go over a bump (footprint)...
For example, I hit a footprint moments after this picture was taken. I couldn't breathe afterward, and I went to the hospital later that night. Everything was fine, but I still can't sleep on my stomach.

This was the photo taken by the camera man. It was a good time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the hospital?? Sister you didn't tell me! Are you ok?

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that looks so sweet! I hope you're ok. I miss you

Anonymous said...

Kel, these pictures are great! It looks like SO much fun. I can't believe you still cannot sleep on your stomach; you must have bruised your belly pretty good.