Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yesterday was a great day!

Wanna know why? Here are the reasons...:

1) I finally received the package my mom sent me over a month ago!!

It had tacks in it (so I could finally hang up my calendar), valentines day candy, a valentines day card (you can see how long it took for it to get here!) and trashy magazines, among other things. That definitely made my day. Thanks, Mom :)

2) I signed up to go on a spring break tour of NAMIBIA!!

That's right... Namibia... the desert country just above South Africa on the western coast. Our spring break (or really, I should say fall "holiday") is March 21-30. We leave March 21st and come back on the 29th. On the way we stop at a lot of places, hiking up sand dunes to see the sunrise, camping under the stars, touring the desert and rafting down rivers. I am very excited... I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post them up here!

On the other hand, yesterday wasn't so good because I realized at soccer practice that this hamstring problem of mine is more serious than I thought. After only a day of kneeling down over and over again to save the ball, my left hamstring was in such pain that I couldn't even put the slightest pressure on it. Thankfully, because I'm a member of the soccer team I have access to the University Physical Therapist which I'm going to see today to try and fix this as soon as possible. Wish me luck!! I actually am really enjoying goalkeeping. I learn fast, so every day I practice I get better. Less than 1.5 weeks until our first game!

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks about your hamstring. Maybe you shouldn't play. I can't believe you just got the package. Was it in good shape? Did the candy still taste good? Mom will be happy.

Anonymous said...

The hamstring is connected all the way up to your back. It needs long gentle stretches 2 or 3 times a day. You need to stretch each part of it
- back of the ankles
- back of the calves
- back of the knees
- back of the thighs
- the buttocks
dad